Move over Oreo balls – theres a new favorite in town! I love thin mints, and when the idea to turn these into truffles crossed my mind. I was on a mission. Chocolatey and mint is just the perfect combination.
- 1 Box Girl Scout Thin Mints
- 4 Oz Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 12 Oz Almond Bark – chocolate
- 6 Oz Almond Bark- vanilla (optional)
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper, make sure it will fit in your freezer.
- Using a food processor crush cookies until finely ground.
- Mix crushed cookies, room termperature cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or by hand.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared tray.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Place vanilla and chocolate almond bark into two separate microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir. Repeat for 15 second intervals until fully melted. Keep an eye on the chocolate as microwave's vary.
- Remove truffles from the freezer. Using a fork, dip the truffles in chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Drizzle vanilla over tops if desired.
- Once cooled drizzle with vanilla. Optionally, you can add food coloring to the melted vanilla.
If you enjoy this recipe be sure to check out the others in our Girl Scout Cookie collection! Including Strawberry Shortbread Ice Cream, Thin Mint Biscotti’s, Peanut Butter Pattie Ice Cream and French Toast Cheesecake!