This recipe came from my husband’s great grandmother and I was lucky enough to receive this wrapped with a brand new All Clad waffle maker for Christmas! Little did I know this was a trick to get me to make waffles every Sunday! It all turned out OK because this recipe is perfect. Sweet, buttery and the waffles consistently come out fluffy and golden.
You will need a waffle maker for this recipe. I use the All Clad pictured below. I make these on setting 3 which times the cycle. I let my waffle maker heat up while I am mixing the batter, the iron needs to be as hot as possible. This recipe makes 4 waffles.
Begin by separating egg whites from yolks. If a stand mixer is available whip the whites on speed 2. You can also whip the egg whites into a foam by hand. The egg whites should be foamy – be careful not to whip into a meringue.
In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients to incorporate batter, do not over mix. There will be some small lumps and that is OK. Once fully mixed add the eggs whites, lightly fold egg whites into the batter. The batter should be thick and fluffy.
Carefully pour the batter into your waffle maker and follow the time and temperature settings that are recommended for your machine. Enjoy waffles with butter and any toppings you have on hand! I like to add fresh strawberries from my garden when they are in season.
- Waffle Maker
- 2 Eggs Separated
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron. I set mine on 3 however, settings will vary by iron.
- Separate egg whites from yolks into two bowls. Beat egg whites into foam.
- Add remaining ingredients into yolk bowl and gently mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour mix into pre heated waffle iron.
- Follow recommended time and temperature settings for your machine.