With only four ingredients this quick app is seriously delicious! There is just something about oozey cheese and bacon covered in melted brown sugar. The first time I ever had these was at a brunch party and ever since I have been making these whenever the opportunity arrises!
Thick sliced maple bacon adds another layer of flavor. Sharp white cheddar, brown sugar and frozen tater tots is all you need to please a hungry crowd!
This is how you wrap the tater tots. Having a well organized workspace will help get through the process quickly. The bacon will stick to itself so there is no need to secure the bacon. After you roll it in the brown sugar place it seem side down in the shallow pan.
Pack any remaining brown sugar on the tops of the tater tots before going into the oven. Bake at 350° F. for 30 minutes. If needed broil on low to crisp the bacon to your liking.
- 12 Oz Bacon
- 16 Oz Tater Tots
- 8 Oz Sharp White Cheddar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Slice bacon slab into 3 even parts. Cut cheese into small 1 inch slices. The cheese should be able to fit on a tater tot. The bacon will hold it in place.
- Place brown sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Place a tater tot on top of a slice of cheese. Wrap bacon around the cheese and tater tot.
- Roll the tater tot in brown sugar and place in a shallow dish, like a pie dish. The tater tots should be touching. Repeat until all ingredients are gone.Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar over the tops and press into the bacon.
- Place pie dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes.