This sweet and creamy strawberry ice cream has Girl Scout Shortbread cookies and a swirl of marshmallow topping. The strawberry flavor is enhanced with freeze dried strawberry powder and strawberry cream cheese.
Have you ever experimented with Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder?? I use this powder for my Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons, and it was the perfect addition to create a natural strawberry flavor. A little goes a long way.
I love nothing more than a good crunch in my ice cream. I prefer to have the chunks a bit bigger throughout the ice cream. I popped these cookies into my Kitchen-Aid chopper and gave it a few good pulses. If you prefer it completely crumbled, go for it!
Make sure to mix all ingredients except for the shortbread cookies and marshmallow in a separate bowl with a whisk to fully incorporate all ingredients. Once mixed, slowly add the mixture to your Kitchen Aid Ice Cream bowl on stir. The ice cream will churn for approximately 25 minutes. Set a timer for 15 minutes and stir in the marshmallow and shortbread cookies during the last 10 minutes.
Pour the finished mixture into an air tight container that is shallow and freezer safe. Sprinkle the top of the ice cream with additional cookie chunks or even sprinkles.
Place the ice cream in the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours. If storing in an ice cream container it will stay good for up to 2 months.
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Check out our Peanut Butter Pattie ice cream!
- 1 Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Bowl
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder
- 1/2 Box Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Marshmallow Topping
- In a mixing bowl start by whisking milk, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar, strawberry cream cheese, and freeze dried strawberry powder until combined.
- Once combined, pour mixture into pre frozen Kitchen-Aid ice cream bowl. Turn mixer on and churn about 20 minutes.
- Mix in crushed cookies and pour mixture into air-tight ice cream container. Freeze for 6 hours and enjoy!