These meatball bombs are the perfect bite of flaky, buttery biscuit, warm Mascarpone and parmesan cheese with a perfectly seasoned meatball in marinara sauce. Use frozen meatballs to throw these little cuties together for a hungry crowd. This makes 16 meatball bombs, you can easily cut the recipe in half for smaller groups.
You will need:
- 2 Cans Buttery Pillsbury Grand Flake Biscuits
- 1 package frozen meatballs, dinner size. I prefer the plain style for these as there are other flavors added.
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 8 oz. fresh parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh garlic
Begin by preheating your oven to 375° F. Prep your pans with either a silicon mat or parchment paper.
In a saucepan defrost your meatballs with 2 cups of marinara sauce on medium heat for 15 minutes. Once heated through remove from heat to allow it to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, shred your fresh blocks of parmesan cheese. For small pieces I like to use my zester. It makes perfect cheese curls quickly.
Roll the biscuits flat with a rolling pin. If you would rather pull them like a pizza dough you can, just be careful for rips. We want the biscuits to stay in tact.
Spread 1/2 tbsp. of marscapone onto each flattened disc. The marscapone adds a slightly sweet and creamy texture which balances the savory flavors of the meatball.
Place a meatball with a spoonful of marinara. I keep the marinara light on the inside to keep it from oozing out while baking.
Pinch the biscuit dough around each meatball. There should be no meatball poking through. Place the balls on a prepared baking tray seem side down.
Melt butter in the microwave, add Italian seasoning and crushed garlic. Brush the tops and sides of each meatball bomb with the butter mixture.
Bake in oven for 14-15 minutes until golden brown. When finished dust with remaining parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
- 2 Can Butter Tastin' Flaky Layers – Flaky Grand
- 1 Bag Dinner Size Frozen Meatballs
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 8 Oz Mascarpone
- 3 Oz Parmesan
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic (crushed)
- 2-3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place meatballs and marinara in sauce pan and defrost for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Open biscuits and roll each one out using a rolling pin.
- Take one biscuit and spread a thin even layer of mascarpone over it, top it with a meatball and parmesan cheese. Fold biscuit over top to cover meatball. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine crushed garlic, butter, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Spread mixture over bombs and bake for 16 minutes.
- Remove bombs from oven, top with parmesan cheese and BROIL for 2 minutes on hi.