A good friend introduced me to this recipe and it has been one of my ultimate favorites ever since! It made the cut and has become a staple in my annual holiday cookie tin! And because one batch makes so many I often and share them with my neighbors and friends! Only 6 ingredients!
The drizzle on top is completely optional! When I have left over dipping chocolate I drizzle it across the tops.
The consistency becomes really thick and is easiest to mix in a stand mixer. Although, it can be done by hand you will definitely have to work for it!
- 6 Cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Dark Chocolate or Almond Bark for dipping and drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients except for the dark chocolate in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat ingredients with the paddle attachment on medium until fully combined.
- Using a large scoop (ice cream scoop works well) form the dough into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking pans.
- Once completely cool, melt chocolate in 15 second increments, stirring in between, on 50% power until fully melted.
- Dunk each macaroon into chocolate and place back down on the parchment paper. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the tops once done.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.