Whip out the smoker and get your hickory chips ready! Using the ultimate meat combo of veal, beef and pork this meatloaf is coming at you with the perfect amount of smoke and sweet! Don’t have a smoker? Put it in the oven!
If you do not have an electric smoker, you can easily follow all the steps but bake in the oven for 55 minutes at 350° F. The trick for this is to bake it in a shallow baking sheet and then broil on high for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully before the bacon burns.
- 2 lb Meatloaf Mix (Beef, Veal, Pork)
- 1 large Egg
- 2 small Onion
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 lb Thick Cut Maple Bacon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 200° degrees.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients in the stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until combined.
- Place meatloaf on smoker rack and form into meatloaf shape.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine ingredients to make glaze.
- Glaze meatloaf using half of the glaze mixture.
- Basket weave bacon on to top of meatloaf. Glaze with remaining glaze mixture.
- Place in smoker and smoke at 200 degrees for 2 hours. Or until internal temperature reaches 165°.